Spring Music Program
Wed Apr 9 (6 pm)
The fifth grade strings will perform at 6 p.m. followed by the fourth grade’s presentation of Music Matters by Teresa Jennings. It will be a wonderful night of celebrating music!
Mon-Fri Apr 14 - 18
School will be closed
In the News
Announcing SCA Spirit Week
Show your school spirit during the SCA's first spirit week:
- Monday (Oct. 5) - Crazy Hat Day
- Tuesday (Oct. 6) - Pajama Day
- Wednesday (Oct. 7) - Candy Bar Day
- Thursday (Oct. 8) - Dress-up-Day
- Friday (Oct. 9) - School Spirit Day
We hope you will join the fun!
Fall into Reading on the Reading Bus
The Reading Bus is ready for a new school year and visits Lynnhaven Elementary School twice a month. Preschool-aged children accompanied by a parent can participate in a wide selection of interactive reading activities. Dates are scheduled through November, so step on board the Reading Bus and begin building early literacy skills with your preschooler.
Visit the district's "Back-to-School" webpage (www.vbschools.com/backtoschool) for useful information and resources:
- Student registration and immunization information
- 2015-16 school year calendar and athletic schedules
- Dates for open houses, transition programs and meet-the-teacher events
- Bus schedules
- Breakfast/lunch menus and online payment methods
- School hours, student fees and student services
- Student handbooks and course documents
- Code of Student Conduct
- Class of 2016 graduation schedule and scholarship
- Details about free Microsoft Office software
The page also includes a “Stay Connected” tab with links to Parent Portal, AlertNow, The Core and frequently called numbers, as well as links to follow VBSchools on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
The Back-to-School webpage is easily accessible through the Quick Links menu on vbschools.com.
Lynnhaven Elementary has a Little Free Library!
Lynnhaven Elementary School’s very first Little Free Library, the “Lynnhaven Lions Reading Safari”, has been installed in front of 273 Stancil Street. Thanks to a partnership with Plaza MS IBMYP faculty and students, children in the community surrounding Lynnhaven Elementary will have free and convenient access to books! You can find more information about Little Free Libraries at http://littlefreelibrary.org/.