Spring Music Program
Wed Apr 9 (6 pm)
The fifth grade strings will perform at 6 p.m. followed by the fourth grade’s presentation of Music Matters by Teresa Jennings. It will be a wonderful night of celebrating music!
Mon-Fri Apr 14 - 18
School will be closed
In the News
Visit the district's "Back-to-School" webpage (www.vbschools.com/backtoschool) for useful information and resources:
- Student registration and immunization information
- 2015-16 school year calendar and athletic schedules
- Dates for open houses, transition programs and meet-the-teacher events
- Bus schedules (available beginning Aug. 24)
- Breakfast/lunch menus and online payment methods
- School hours, student fees and student services
- Student handbooks and course documents
- Code of Student Conduct
- Class of 2016 graduation schedule and scholarship
- Details about free Microsoft Office software
The page also includes a “Stay Connected” tab with links to Parent Portal, AlertNow, The Core and frequently called numbers, as well as links to follow VBSchools on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
The Back-to-School webpage will be updated regularly throughout the coming weeks and is easily accessible through the Quick Links menu on vbschools.com.
Free Summer Math Program
Avoid summer learning loss with TenMarks Free Summer Math Program. TenMarks, an Amazon company, offers a 100% free personalized math program to help reinforce math skills during the summer. See the attached flyer and sign up today!
Are You Ready for the Summer Reading Challenge?!
Register for Virginia Beach Public Library's Summer Reading Challenge and track the books you read between June 8 and August 8:
- Read any books you want this summer
- Complete the challenge, get prizes
- The more you read, the better your chances to win prizes
Visit your library for other fun programs and activities for all ages!
Lynnhaven Elementary has a Little Free Library!
Lynnhaven Elementary School’s very first Little Free Library, the “Lynnhaven Lions Reading Safari”, has been installed in front of 273 Stancil Street. Thanks to a partnership with Plaza MS IBMYP faculty and students, children in the community surrounding Lynnhaven Elementary will have free and convenient access to books! You can find more information about Little Free Libraries at http://littlefreelibrary.org/.
Cool Down on the Reading Bus
The Reading Bus will continue to visit Lynnhaven Elementary School during the summer months. Preschool-aged children accompanied by a parent can participate in a wide selection of interactive reading activities. Dates are scheduled June through August.